07 January 2017

catching up

it's been a month since i last posted --- i gotta admit that waking up every morning and remembering that trump "won" the election has put me off my feed, as it were --- i blew off my genetic family this "holiday season" ---- i just couldn't deal with a trumpistanic christmas this year --- small of me, i know, but one does what one has to do --- two months now since the election, and i still think he is a disgrace to our country --- the utter hypocrisy of the christianists and cynicism of the republicans has brought us to a precipice and i'm not sure the republic will survive --- the historian in me is fascinated; the rest of me is terrified of what the low-information folks have brought us



the highlight of my xmas season was my fifth day of xmas soiree, which featured philadelphia fish house punch --- punch and soiree were excellent in every way -- i love having a bunch of people i care about in my house and feeding them and what not
that and eating thai  food with a cousin, actually a first cousin once removed, to be precise --- and her husband and two excellent, slightly squirmy young'uns --- she and hubby met as exchange students in thailand, and we sit down in the restaurant and buck is discussing the menu with the waitress, in thai! she is one of the few relatives with whom i might discuss anything other than the weather and not wind up wanting to strangle them

we should all wish to see the world as isaiah (left) is seeing it right now

1 comment:

Rathayatra said...

all glories to the philly fish punch, and truly to isaiah .