09 July 2014

from the city too stupid to be ashamed

this city doesn't have many real landmarks, but capitol view baptist church on stewart ave was one until the library board wasted it for a new library --- it sat at one of the highest points on the street (which has been stupidly re-named metropolitan parkway) directly across from the equally imposing masonic hall
(the photos are not mine --- i think they were taken by adrianne serrano proeller, and posted on atlanta preservation professionals fb page)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

shockingly wasteful on so many different levels.

Kheckl28 said...

Hi Tommy. I've been reading your blog for a while now .... I came across it while doing some research on Atlanta History. One day, I posted something from your blog on my Facebook page and my friend, Greg Scott, chimed in and told me you two were friends and that you used to be neighbors. Small world!

As a native Atlantan, I share your love, and your frustration, with our great city. This photo, and the pitiful toppled organ, just breaks my heart.

Anyway, I really enjoy your bog and your photos.

Anonymous said...

miscreants

tomitron said...

glad you enjoy it, kheck128