08 November 2009

missing and presumed lost

one of my favorite houses is gone --- built by some of my ancestors near lone oak in meriwether county before the civil war --- plantation-plain style, log joists, but beautiful hand-planed moldings, mantles, and doors --- my grandma grew up there after her father died when she was three years old --- i hadn't seen the house in ten years and when i went to look today, there was a big-ass horse barn on the site ---- boo hoo

click the pic if you wanna see what it was

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, great to have that interesting story, so nicely detailed...

Anonymous said...

With the arrival of the new Kia plant nearby, there has been an increase in development in this area, putting many old structures at risk. Thanks for sharing your beautiful documentation of your family's old "homeplace"!

Anonymous said...

I want not acquiesce in on it. I regard as precise post. Particularly the appellation attracted me to review the unscathed story.

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Well I assent to but I dream the collection should acquire more info then it has.