22 June 2007

pride redux


The Stonewall riots were a series of violent conflicts between New York City police officers and groups of gay and transgender people that began during the early morning of June 28, 1969, and lasted several days. Also called the Stonewall Rebellion or simply Stonewall, the clash was a watershed for the worldwide gay rights movement, as gay and transgender people had never before acted together in such large numbers to forcibly resist police.


that's why we have pride this weekend and not some weekend in january----

3.5 million showed up for the parade in sao paulo a couple of weeks ago---i doubt that atlanta's will be quiet so rowdy---

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All I know is that I saw Robert at "The Giant" and he said it would be OK if I stopped by your place tomorrow to say "hey" and just hang out. Gay, Straight, Bi, or even A-Sexual like me, I just want to see some people I know and like.

So, I will try to behave myself, and I hope to actually get that quarter onto the big gay flag instead of hitting some poor sap on the head like last time.

And I have stories from South Beach!!