19 March 2008

preachers

some fairly amazing comments from huckabee, of all people, although there were occasions during his campaign when you just had to like him for his honesty, even if you didnt like what he was saying----here , talking about obama's preacher:

We've gotta cut some slack to people who grew up being called names; being told you have to sit in the balcony when you go to the movie; you have to go to the back door to go into the restaurant; you can't sit out there with everyone else, there's a separate waiting room in the doctor's office; here's where you sit on the bus .. . And you know what? Sometimes people do have a chip on their shoulder, and resentment, and you have to just say, "I probably would, too. I probably would, too. And in fact, I may have had more of a chip on my shoulder had it been me.- Mike Huckabee. YouTube here.

No comments: